Marriage is the first institution designed by God at Creation. God fashioned humankind as male and female in His own image; He instituted marriage, a covenant-based union of the two genders physically, emotionally, and spiritually, spoken of in Scripture as “one flesh.” God, the designer of marriage, has provided us with a plan for how marriage works best.
Our Vision Statement
To build families that are relevant for the Kingdom of God and to help prepare them for the coming of Jesus Christ.
Our Mission Statement
We strengthen, give hope, and bring healing to individuals, marriages, and families through the Life, principles, unconditional love and saving grace of Jesus Christ.
In simple and specific terms, we strive to achieve the following in families:
- To proclaim the message of the everlasting gospel within the context of family living. Christ is and must be acknowledged as the Savior and Head of every home. In Him, family members are at peace with God and at peace with each other. As they are drawn near to Him they are drawn nearer to each other, in love, forgiveness, reconciliation, restoration, and renewal.
- To affirm and strengthen every Christian family as the primary discipling unit. We seek to deepen understanding of the relational dimension of being and making disciples and to strengthen family members as disciplemakers within the family. A married couple is viewed as the primary unit of the family. In the culture where christian values are fast becoming extinct, the family unit is God’s rescue plan for bringing the world back to Him.
- To enable parents and families to increase the likelihood of successful transference of Christian values to the next generation. We seek to provide relevant information and materials within the confines of the scriptures so as to transfer values, virtues, and heritages from one generation to the other. This will enable parents to make biblical values winsome to their children and youth. We encourage atmospheres within homes and the body of Christ which promotes questions and on-going discussion regarding Christian values and tenets of faith among parents and children, young and old, leaders and members in an effort to foster the development of mature faith.
- To create a “family of God” experience in the church and the body of Christ at large. Family Ministries fosters an atmosphere which respects and celebrates diversity within congregations and within the World Church, recognising that unity is not found in uniformity, but in Christ, the Head of the body.
- To empower families for winsome witness. Beyond the priority placed on the home as the most important mission field, Family Ministries helps families to discover and utilise their spiritual gifts in the community around them. We encourage and enable families to relate in winsome ways with nonbelieving family members, to befriend their neighbours, to share the good news of life in Christ, and to support, through their prayers, offerings, and service, the mission outreach of the Ministry.